Who are we?
Learnrussian.org is the website of BLC Language Courses BV, Landstraat 190, 1401 ET, Bussum, The Netherlands; contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Chamber of commerce registration: 71196846
What is this document about?
This document describes which data is collected on the website learnrussian.org, how, why, and what we’ll do with it.
Which data do we ask from you to use the website?
There are 2 types of users on this website:
- free user without registration: no data is requested, you have no login; you cannot track your learning progress, not all free content (like exercises) might be available
- free user with registration: we collect the e-mail address (necessary to create account/password reset and send the lessons); other details are optional; as a free registered user we build a personal profile so you can track your learning progress; that means that all the answers on your exercises are stored in the website’s database, as well as completion of lessons
We use SSL certificates (https) to encrypt data that is stored online.
Registered users & e-mails:
- as a registered user you are subscribed to our mailing list: we use the double-optin function: which means that you need to confirm the e-mail that we send to you after you completed your name and e-mail on the website
- we have closed a Data Processing Agreement with Mailchimp.
- Mailchimp tracks activity (such as: is e-mail opened, are links clicked etc). This helps us to identify inactive members of our mailing list (to remove them from the list).
To access and remove your data:
- to access your date stored on the website – go the student profile and click the link on the bottom of the page
- to remove yourself as a ‘user’: send a delete request to email@example.com with your e-mail and username (paid users: we can not delete billing information, because that’s required for our accounting)
- to access your data stored in the the mailing list:
- click the link in the footer of the e-mail newsletter to access your data information/settings
- to unsubscribe: click the ‘unsubscribe link’ in the footer of every e-mail newsletter
How long do we store your data?
- Free registered users: we regularly clean our database; accounts of free registered users who haven’t been active on the website (doing exercises/completing lessons) will be deleted after 24 to 36 months since the last activity.
- Data which was input in other forms on our website (contact, bug reporting etc): maximum 12 months
- Readers of our e-mail newsletters:
- non-active readers of the newsletter are deleted after 12-18 months
- active readers of the newsletter are not deleted
Functionality to be activated before 25th of May:
The website shows a popup message the first time you enter the website:
– and the option to accept or decline cookies.
You can change your initial choice later using the ‘reset cookie consent’ button in the footer of the page.
Which cookies do we use?
This website uses social media buttons (Facebook, Google+, Twitter and other social networks). When someone likes/shares our content, your information is submitted to these social platforms.
As mentioned above, we use a popup feature (Retyp LLC d/b/a OptinMonster) to encourage people subscribe to our e-mail newsletter. This popup usually is shown when a person is abandoning the page (so called: exit-intent popups). Cookies are stored to prevent the popup showing every time you visit the website, and show up on every page.
Good to know: you can also edit cookie settings in your browser.
We acknowledge the privacy of Children and we encourage parents and others in charge of the children to play an active role in the online activities and interests of Children. Children younger than 13 years, or 16 years in case the children are inside the European Union, can not use or try to use our services. In case we find out that personal information was collected about a child, we will delete this information. Parents who find out that this website has collected information about a child can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to delete this information.
Who else has access to personal data?